Monday, October 4, 2010

Once upon a time....

Well, now that I've introduced myself to you in my first post I guess it's time for the dreaded...wait for it...OBLIGITORY BACKSTORY! OH, NOOO! I know that this is a story that you've probably all lived yourselves and heard about a million times so I'll try to keep it brief and interesting. At the very least I may be creating a non pharmacutical sleeping aid!
Why am I Transgender? That's a question that I've asked myself my whole life and the simple answer is that nobody knows! I was born in the 60's and I know that my mother nearly miscarried me, I also know that DES was commonly used in those days. Am I a DES baby? Sadly, I'll probably never know. My mother passed away many years ago so I can't ask her.
Anyway, I knew that I was different as far back as I can remember. One of my earliest memories was getting caught in the bathroom with my mom's lipstick, for which I caught holy hell! None of that stopped me, though! It just forced me into the closet and to get creative, which got easier as I grew older and got left home alone more often. I was an only child and as I approached my teens it was quite easy to find time to dressed. I would raid my mom's closet and wear her clothes for a couple of hours then quickly change before anyone would come home. I even made ny own artificial nails!
I was never all that popular in school when I was younger and was always called gay, fag, queer etc. and for years I thought that I must be because everyone thought so! When I was in my mid teens and we moved to a different town I was determined to make a fresh start so I swung to the classic ubermasculine overcompensation but the dressing still never stopped.
Whew! this is going to be a long one! I guess I'll have to break this story into at least two parts!

No comments: