Friday, December 31, 2010

Pronouns

Hi, everyone! I've been a bit remiss in both my postings to this blog and commenting at all of yours, which I blame on a combination of frustration, anger, sadness, resignation, and just plain being busy with the holidays. Please bear with me, I'll get back on track!

Speaking of commenting, there are some of you, Karin, April, Cyrsti, Kelli Roberts, among others, who still have your comment section set to Blogger's default, which is incompatible with my system, and I'd love to stop by.

While we're still on the subject of blog posts and comments, I've got something that I've really got to get off my chest. As a socially liberal constitutional conservative libertarian who is an independet agnostic wicca buddhist nazarene pastafarian, I understand that I'm never going to have complete agreement with me from everyone all the time, and I accept that. I feel that disagreement and discussion is healthy and productive as long as it's not taken to the extreme of dehumanizing those who you disagree with. Deliberately and maliciously misgendering someone, whether it's Autumn Sandeen, Aria Blue, Jamiegottagun, June Hingle, or anyone else is unacceptable from anyone, especially when it comes from people who have a high profile in the community and should know better! We're better than that, or at least we should be!

Dani xxx

No comments: